Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Wreath for All Seasons

I have really been wanting a feather wreath, and when I saw this one on super sale at JoAnn's, I snatched it up. Initially it looks a little dark, but in fact it has green and amber and chocolate brown feathers mixed in with the darker black ones. Those colored ones match my sofa and room colors in the living room, so I put it in there.


But first I had to doctor it up a little. Primarily because a couple of feathers were missing in one spot, but also because I felt it needed a little something. I started with a faux bird's nest and eggs, which I attached with a bent paper clip slipped through the back of the nest. I know, how ingenious {and technical and cheap} of me.


Next I added a little bird found for $2.49 {50% off} at Michael's. I love it because the color of the bird and it's ribboned tail pick up the amber tones in the wreath.


I also tried it with seashells and starfish and it is equally cute! I know the bird theme is more springy, but the rich autumnal color of the bird makes it OK with me for this time of year. I think in the spring I will change it up and add more eggs, or a little bunny or some lavender or something. And then the seashells in the summer. And some miniature pinecones would look so cute in a little cluster for next fall.

For me this is destined to be a year-round wreath because I love it's simple classic shape but luxurious feeling with the feathers. I can't wait to change it up come spring and see what creativity I can glean from other blogs for inspiration. Hope you enjoy and are inspired to do your own all-season wreath.

5 comments:

Suzann said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Wendy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! That wreath is really fun! Love the little bird.

Kari said...

Thank you so much!

southerninspiration said...

it looks fabulous! happy Thanksgiving!

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You know I love those birds and nest year round~