Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall Decor

Unfortunately the weather prediction is rain the next 4 days, so my sale is being postponed until Saturday, Nov. 8th, barring any more rain. It's kind of nice though because it's given me a moment to breathe and to do a little fall decorating around my home, something I've neglected so far this year.

I didn't do much, just used what I had, but here it is.

The antique dresser (my paternal grandmother's) and mirror in my entry way - BTW I scooped up that darling little silver tray at a yard sale for $1 and the amazing crusty gold frame was given to me by a friend. The crotched piece was a bridal shower gift from my grandmother and I got the wheat from my mom's stash. Pretty good for about a buck, huh?





This is above the bookshelf in my living room. Another awesome frame from the friend's sister. These women have these things shoved in cabinets in their garages (!) and every once in a while they say "Hey Kari, I have this junky old frame. You want it?" Um, YES.



Not too much, just a little beaded garland on my birdcage and a nice sparkly pear atop a bed of excelsior in a darling silver cup:





This isn't specifically fallish but the copper patina puts me in mind of fall:






Fall dried and sparkly fruits in the apothecary jars in the kitchen:



Again, not specifically fallish but that brown and white plate is new, from my Mom. Thought it looked fallish with the green plate behind it and the little transferware/ironstone pitcher and artichoke finial:



above my hutch in the dining room. I put my faux artichokes under the "chocolats" dome and redid the arrangement to include feathers and some mossy berry things:


Just redid this arrangement on the crown moulding ledge above the couch. Reminds me of fall with the colors.



That's it for now. To the approximately 4 people reading my blog (:-) I have loved seeing everyone's fall decor and sorry if I've been MIA in commenting... I am still here! Thanks for coming by!

-Kari

10 comments:

Suzann said...

I adore your antique dresser.

CMB said...

Love it all...a nice touch of fall without being over done!

Wendy said...

Your decor looks beautiful. I love the understated fall feeling. Very classic!

Anonymous said...

Love all of it!! You want to come do mine? We are redoing a kitchen; so, not much decorating going on around here. It is nice to look at someone elses peace and beauty.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

My favorite is the wheat in the pitcher - so classy, yet makes a big statement. Wish you lived closer.

Liz Harrell said...

Looks beautiful!
Happy Halloween!
Hugs,
Liz & Mabel

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Kari, love your fall decor, esp. the white plates on your red walls. Looks like we have similar red in our DR's. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty....Indeed!

Petunia said...

I love all of it! :)

Kasey said...

looks great!
Thanks for sharing.
k-