Wednesday, March 18, 2009

~a moroccan baby shower~

The shower for my sister, Jonna, turned out really nice. We had a nice group of about 25 people, not too big, not too small, the food was great and all the little touches really went a long way.

The "theme" or more accurately the flavor of the shower was Moroccan as my sis's hubs is from Marrakech. She had brought back miniature tagines and sachets filled with lavender and rose petals from her last trip so we used those as favors and loosely based the rest of the decor around that. It was not really a traditional baby shower in the sense that it wasn't all pink and white but rather deep satured colors...

My sister and I. She is very swollen at almost 8 mos preggo so she will kill me for this picture. I on the other hand have no excuse.

The spread. The beautiful indian scarf was on my head table when I was married almost 7 years ago. I had a really unique vintage hollywood/victorian flavor with hints of india & morocco at my wedding if you can imagine. Probably not. So anyways, this lovely deep indigo scarf is very sentimental. We had mostly typical food with the exception of Chicken Silicia {our fave middle eastern specialty} and we served moroccan mint tea in darling moroccan tea glasses.


The gorgeous cake from Le Gateau Elegant. If you're in the area, you must use this bakery! Their cakes are amazing.


The favors.



The diaper cake I made using this method. This is a terrible picture because of the lighting, but it was sooooo cute.

The gorgeous roses in a hurricane filled with fresh limes.


Jonna opening the hand knitted baby blanket and sweater from our Mimi.
That's it. I'll be back with a cute decorating idea post either later today or tomorrow.

10 comments:

Kasey said...

cute, cute, cute.
looks like fun.
xo

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

It looks like it went really well! Great pictures, I'm glad you all had a good time! Tell your sister she looks wonderful, she is glowing.
~Michelle

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Looks like you had a great time!! All the best to your sister, Chrissy

Jeanne Oliver said...

What a great shower. I was able to throw my sister a shower for her first baby and it was such a joy. What a fun theme.

Maisy said...

pics look great and everything looks beautiful...INCLUDING YOU!!!!!

Wendy said...

What a lot of love and thought went into this shower for your sister! What a lucky lady!

Renae Moore said...

What a beautiful party...you set lovely tables and great details in the cakes and the floral with the fresh limes...

Wendy said...

Hi lady!
I saw your comment about which issue of MEHC the island appears in...I'm going to have check my magazines to find it....I'll get back to you. (I save all of those am magazines in tact...I can't bear to tear them up.) ;-)

Sarah said...

Looks like a fabulous party!

Junk Mammas said...

I am hosting a baby shower for my SIL in a couple weeks. And this morning I just asked my daughter what kinda of baby shower present she'd like to get and my practical 5 year old said diapers. They don't already have them, do they? So she and I will be making a diaper cake. Thanks for the link.