Saturday, September 20, 2008

For The Love of Garage Sales!

I happened upon several garage sales today, and I was pretty happy with what I managed to score. I was looking for bigger pieces of furniture to refinish and then resell, and although I didn't find any, I found some great little gems. Check it out:








I got:

  • a shabby little table/bench that I plan to refinish
  • a vintage crystal Baccarat decanter with a beautiful stopper that almost rivals the size of an antique doorknob and apparently is worth a LOT more than I paid for it (.50!)
  • a cheese dome
  • 2 handmade cotton duck ottoman covers with tie detail
  • a cute vintage pitcher
  • a cute birdcage (I already started painting it black; it needs one more coat in a matte finish)
  • 2 vintage white Homer Laughlin restaurantware platters
  • a pretty pair of sparkly vintage earrings
  • a pretty seashell

All for the whopping total of $12.60! Oh. My. Gosh. And I had the best time, and met the nicest people, which was of course, priceless.

10 comments:

No.35style said...

I have those same dishes in your header and I like the little cream pitchers. You did very well at the sale! I like the seashell and the ironstone.

Kari said...

Thank you so much! I love those dishes... TJ Maxx, right? The cream pitchers are vintage... the small one is from 1924. The larger one is a Tepco restaurantware pitcher my Mimi got me. :)

Thanks for the visit.
-Kari

Joy said...

Oohh, I'm so glad that you left a note for me so I could come visit you. I love your farmhouse style with a french twist. It's beautiful!
It looks like you scored big at the garage sales!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Kari said...

Hi Joy!

Thanks for coming by to visit! I have been following your blog for some time now... I just never posted because I didn't have my own blog. But, I will now! Thanks for the compliment - it means a lot!

-Kari

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

HI there! Your blog is looking great! Love the new pic in your header! You did well on all your finds...love the decanter and the HL platters...

Jerri Lynn @ Southern Sassyness said...

By they way...I'm adding you to my blogroll!

Kari said...

Thanks, Jerri Lynn! I hope to have my blog professionally designed soon. In the meantime, I do appreciate the positive reinforcement!

-Kari

Lettered Cottage said...

She shoots...she scores!
:-)

Layla
The Lettered Cottage

Cindy said...

Wow, those are great deals! Love it all! And you're in Northern CA? Me too!

Kari said...

Hi Cindy,
Yes, I am up in the East Bay, not terribly far from Berkeley. I just might hop on over to the Alameda Flea Market next weekend - have you been? It's AMAZING!!!