Friday, July 10, 2009

Lamps: Walmart vs. the Big Boys

I couldn't sleep last night. So at 3 am I decided to shop for lamps online. I found some great lamps at Walmart that are identical to Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware lamps for a fraction of the cost. Check it out:

Pottery Barn: $110 for lamp base, $29 for shade



Walmart: $30 total. These are great and they even adjust up and down for added height. I might get 2 of these for either side of my sofa. The aged bronze finish matches the nailhead trim on my sofa and I love the modern simplicity of them. Here's the link if you're interested... and they don't seem to have them in all stores, mostly online: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10788943


Here's a Restoration Hardware lamp priced at $179

Here's Walmart's version for just $39.97 found here:




Walmart has loads of great lamps, like this one for just $35.88 found here:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11037995




Or this one for just $29, found here: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10910142 A little bit too severe for me, but very beautiful and so Restoration Hardware!


Or this one, which I may seriously consider for just $30! http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10910136



I heart Walmart, even though I'm a little chagrined to admit it.



12 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Wowie wow! I can't believe how similar they are - I'll definitely look at Walmart first.

Reese said...

Wow!!!
Thanks!!!
I love it when I don't have to be the one to run all over town.

Chris said...

Wow , our walmarts don't have lamps like that at all , we have some cheap ass ugly lamps and that is all , we are getting a super walmart though maybe it will have a better selection.

La Maison Fou said...

These buyers must be going to the same trade shows!
Thanks for the info,
Leslie

Reese & Marie said...

Chris,
Some of them are available only online... most are "Canopy" and the last two are the new Better Homes & Gardens line. Hope that helps!

Jen R. said...

Walmart is getting so smart!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love the lamps....I enjoyed reading your blog today.
It is so much fun making new blog friends.

Shabby Mama said...

good job girl..i am impressed! love this!

i have seen some AMAZING lamps lately in speciality shops..concrete urn type things..just awesome..but $$$$$$, just depresses me;;

Christi said...

I {heart} Wal Mart, too - especially now that they're carrying the BH&G line.

Chrissy said...

Hey...I like walmart too,and love those lamps!! Hope your weekend is a good one,we just got home and I am knackerd!! Talk soon,Chrissy

Musings From A French Cottage said...

These are gorgeous lamps! I love that white one. I'm definitely going to have to check them out. I love Walmart too!

Have a great evening!
Kathleen

Rachel said...

I was so shocked when I entered my local walmart and found some really gorgeous lamps! I was swooning over the target ones but the walmart stuff is just as good. With those prices, I really don't feel the need to go hunting at garage sales and goodwill.
Thanks for the links. There were a couple that I just love that you shared!