Monday, February 23, 2009

Birds of a Feather {installment 3}

I am trying to do this post at least once a month because I find other bloggers so inspiring. There is so much creativity out there! Let me know if you enjoy this kind of post. If you do, you can read my past posts "Birds of a Feather" here and here. Here are some snippets that I have had the pleasure of discovering lately and want to share with you.

First up is Brooke at Velvet and Linen. Would you take a look at her home! I am in love...

Starting at the front door and woven through each room is a graceful character with nods to the sea and old cottage charm...




Aren't the chippy, shabby architectural elements to die for?




This is perfection. I want to steal this landing area. Might not work so well in a one-story 1970's rancher, but a girl can dream.



And her bedroom is the stuff of dreams. How perfectly shabby!



Please stop by and pay her a visit. Her blog is wonderful and very worth your time.


Next is Jill over at Forever*Cottage. She just helped her friend put together a family photo wall using old window frames! I absolutely love this and I would replicate the look in a heartbeat if I could ever be so lucky as to find 3 of something!




She also recently gave a beautiful tour of her friend's amazing home. This image is my absolute favorite and I would like to recreate my family room to look like this when my kids are past the sticky fingers stage. Isn't this just breathtaking? And check out that mirror!





Jill has the best taste, and it seems her friends do, too! Please stop by her blog and tell her I sent you. She is very sweet and has lots to share.

Next is Gina at Willow Decor. She recently remodeled her kitchen and it is so pretty and clean and classic yet contemporary:







She also created a butlers pantry {!} out of a small office off the kitchen. These cabinets are perfect, and what a way to display your collection of dishes! I can't even begin to imagine... my ironstone obsession would grow ten-fold.





The attention to {period} detail is amazing. It really looks like I imagine a butler's pantry would look in the 1920's.


And I can't leave out the guys over at Barn House. If they didn't live like 100 hours away I would so be there at their sales... especially when they combine with the Queen of Tarte! Here is just one snippet from her opening sale:


They also have links to many other fellow bloggers who took pictures of Cindy's barn opening. I hope they go to Alameda soon so I can go shop their booth!
That's it for now. Hope you enjoyed this little foray into blogland through my eyes.
-Kari

14 comments:

Velvet and Linen said...

Wow, thank you for including my home in your post!
I'm so glad that you liked it.
We have similar taste. I love Gina over at Willow Decor. She is so incredibly talented.
Thank you for the introduction to Barn House.
So cool.

xo
Brooke

Tracy said...

Beautiful photos, I have always been in love with the idea of a butler's pantry, wish I had one.

Willow Decor said...

Thanks so much for including me- So glad you like the kitchen and pantry!! I am so flattered and humbled to be among such talented comany! Brooke has a fabulous eye and an incredible warmth and kindness! I am anxious to check out the others!!!
"Birds of Feather" -what a great idea and fun name!
xxx-Gina

Unknown said...

Fabulous pictures, thanks for sharing them.

Renae Moore said...

I loved all these posts before, thanks for putting them all together...definitely some great talent!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

I do love these posts, thank you for putting them together for us. Such beautiful spaces.
~Michelle

Karla said...

What a great post! I love discovering new blogs, so thanks for sharing some of your favorites with us!

~Karla

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Love these pictures - off to check out the blogs.

Kasey said...

what lovely photo's and very inspiring indeed!
Now i am off to peruse those sites....

Wendy said...

I love Willow Decor and Barn House...and I am excited to go discover the other wonderful blogs you featured! THANKS!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi there!! Just saw the lovely note you left me...thanks!! O.K. so I could live in any one of those rooms, and I too want that landing!!! So glad you came by, now I have another great blog to visit!! Take good care, Chrissy

Unknown said...

I am so flattered to be featured among such good company on your blog. I just cannot thank you enough for your support as I have been begun navigating this fun new world! Yes, we are definitely "Birds of a feather" - as I had admired your blog for so long.
It actually HURT to not be at Cindy's sale this past weekend, although friends went and reported it was fabulous! Joe and Jerome have a wonderful eye and combined with Cindy's fabulous taste - Wow!

Jill

Nicole ~ said...

Wow, these pictures are fabulous!! Thank you for sharing them with us. I always like to look at new stuff. And, from all of these pictures I bet all of these blogs will become some of my new favorites.

SeaWorthy said...

OH MY GAWWWWSH!!

these homes are just too good to be true!

swooooon!!
Ill have to come back and check out those gals later, xoxo!
Lisa