Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Perfection is what you make of it

I am feeling so inspired to live today. Two posts in particular {really, all your posts inspire me every single day} really helped me feel this way:

Rhoda over at Southern Hospitality blogged about entertaining simply by having friends over for lunch instead of dinner. Her suggestions to keep it simple, skip dessert, serve water and others were so liberating for me. How many times have I stressed and ended up not having anyone over because I wanted to make it perfect and lavish and didn't really want the work and stress that comes with that? It is far better to be with friends simply than not be with them at all. What a life lesson.

And the Nester over at Nesting Place talks about how to love your home no matter what. I commented that another thing that prevents us from loving our home is that constant search for perfection. No matter how pretty a room of mine is or how many compliments i get in real life or on my blog, I am always looking to make it better. That is very defeating and not at all liberating or inspiring. So I vow to quit. I will live with the beauty I have now and be so grateful for it.

Which is why I'm posting this picture of my older daughter, Neva:

She picked her own outfit, threw on a cowboy hat and gave me the toothiest grin ever and you know what? It's perfection. Let's celebrate the perfect imperfectness of our lives and enjoy the beauty surrounding us while we can. How grateful I am for my life today...



xoxo
Kari

14 comments:

southerninspiration said...

GREAT outlook on life!

Suzanne

Willow Decor said...

Wow! Great messages to follow! Just wanted you to know I added you to my favorite blog list on Willow Decor!
xx-
Gina

Kasey said...

Kari, she is a DOLL!
Look at that hair, i love it!
You my friend inpire me:)

Inspired Kara said...

I never knew there was another Neva!!!

Caleb's niece has the very same name :)

(And she would pick out a VERY similar outfit. She LOVES hats!)

Nancy said...

Your most beautifuk post yet! She's a doll.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Perfect!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Wonderful outlook and beautiful picture!
~Michelle

Tracy said...

Right you are, what a beauty your daughter is, just perfect!

Kasey said...

i meant inspire, not inpire;)

Kari said...

Thank you all so much for your warm compliments and sweet comments. It really means more to me on this post than any other one I've done, obviously since it's a pic of my daughter. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Free Art Printables said...

She is soo cute! Mine always picks out their own clothing.... Preschoolers definitely have their own sense of style! :) Jen

Nicole ~ said...

Nicely said... Your daughter is just precious.

Wendy said...

I just love the outfit...very similar to my daughter's budding fashion sense! ;-)

SeaWorthy said...

We have a girl like that at this house, too!

I think they were cut from the same cloth! So cute at that age..
Btw, when am I coming over for lunch? Ill bring the dessert:}
xoxo